bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Writer's Market Is Writer's Market a viable place for a freelance editor to find possible clients? As I understand it, the book is geared towards writers finding agents/publishers, but I've never - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Is Writer's Market a viable place for a freelance editor to find possible clients? As I understand it, the book is geared towards writers finding agents/publishers, but I've never even paged through a copy; does it have other uses? Are there similar resources that I might find helpful for my purposes?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Dunderdale623

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

You may have had a chance to look at the book by now, but just in case... The books are put out by Writer's Digest and there are a series of them put out annually (Poet's Market, Writer's Market, and others). These list journals, publishers, contests, conferences, etc. and their information as they pertain to a writer trying to market his or her work. As an editor, you might find useful the section on conferences, in case there are any that provide for a range of attendees and not only writing workshops. You might find contact names at various publishers, but I can't help but think you'd be better off looking at resources that discuss the whole thing from the perspective of the publisher. Unless, I'm completely misinterpreting what you are trying to find.

Load Full (0)