bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Increasing sales of my Kindle ebook How can I boost sales of my Kindle ebook? I published it on 28 August 2016 and since then only seven copies sold. So any suggestions? What should I do? - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

A lot depends on the type of ebook. Is it fiction or nonfiction? Is it the first novel or the serial? Genre or non-genre?

The first thing I would stress is getting reviews. The affordable methods include doing giveaways and using a service like bookreviewrequest.com/
If you're doing a no-budget campaign, I would put it up for sale and let your friends download free copies for 2 months or so and see if any are motivated to do reviews. Librarything also has a decent member giveaway.

I remain skeptical of web advertising, but Facebook allows enough targeting that it might be worth your while.

You might want to get to know the ebook discovery services (See this article), but keep in mind that the popularity/price of these services are a moving target; what was optimal one month may be overpriced the next.

If you are publishing fiction, you should work on developing the author brand. Then write more! If nonfiction, you should look into keyword advertising (but don't overdo it!). You should do publicity for the ebook in several waves over several months. These are some thoughts for getting started.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best