bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Do editors rewrite? I write fiction, I guess you could say experimental fiction, but I just feel I am more of a stylist. Every story of mine that's been accepted was taken as is. Now, for - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think there might have been a miscommunication here.

The editor has given you a list of suggested changes and you read it as a list of demanded changes.

As you clearly know, you have the power to walk away. You can also say "take it or leave it" about your original text.

However, editors generally know what they are talking about. Some of those changes are likely to be good changes. If you can stomach the editing process your story will be better for it.

Look through the suggested changes, accept the good ones and reject the bad ones. Maybe accept the neutral ones to make the editor happy.

At this point you can go back to the editor and say "I have changed my story as much as my heart allows. Take it or leave it."

Others have suggested a dialogue with the editor about why the changes has been made. This is a good idea, but might be more "dealing with people" than you are willing to do.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cody1607638

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best