bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Ah, the good old balance between hard sci-fi and creative liberty question. I can't answer all, as each time this problem occurs, the solution differs. I did create the somewhat useful Mephisto's - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Ah, the good old balance between hard sci-fi and creative liberty question. I can't answer all, as each time this problem occurs, the solution differs.

I did create the somewhat useful Mephisto's Solving Algorithm for Awesome it reads out like this:

Collect everything you know about the problematic item.
Go through it, and see if it can be solved, real-world excuses/analogies are what you searching for, for example, an analogy can be drawn between the Quetzalcoatlus Northropi and a dragon, at least I think.
See if you can discard something to save the rest. (do dragons need to be that big?)

This allows you to keep something that's useful within a context, created in this way.

A dragon from Second Earth (my fantasy setting) will nowhere nearly be as powerful as Smaug, but why should he? He won't be pitted against a Gandalf or a Sauron, or a shooty boi with an infinity +1 arrow.

Applying this to your question:

Why do you need boob plates? A 15th-century gothic plate armor is the medieval equivalent of iddqd. Its weight is evenly distributed, allowing you to do somersaults if you wanted to, it also looks cool.

Joan of Arc, the first and only overpowered female protagonist. She didn't need boob plates, why should you?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Holmes449

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best