bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I become a better writer when I hate reading? I like telling stories, but I don't care so much for reading them. It's not for me. But the number one advice to become a better author - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If you don't enjoy reading books, then writing them is probably not your lane --why devote yourself to an art form you don't personally enjoy? There are plenty of other places a gift or a passion for telling stories can be valuable:

Movies: Do you love watching movies? Maybe you could write scripts. It's a tough business to break into, especially if you're wanting to write a big budget blockbuster. But modern technology has brought indie filmmaking within reach for more and more people, some of whom are looking for screenwriters.
Television: With streaming services commissioning new series at an incredible rate, there's a call for good television writers right now.
Podcasting: A relatively new and promising venue for storytelling.
Comedian: Many of the best comedians are primarily extraordinary storytellers.
Public Speaker: See above.
Preacher: See above.

And of course, there are still plenty of people who do old-fashioned storytelling, although not many can actually make a living from it (but that's true of pretty much any creative art).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kristi637

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best