bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Seeking advice on editing process through integration into online poetry writing communities (Heavily edited in a sincere attempt to reduce subjectivity / instigation of unwieldy discussion or chattiness:) - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

@wetcircuit has some really good points that you should consider. I'm going to attempt to answer your question more directly, however. I'm going to use Scribophile as my example but I believe other sites work similarly. Scribophile has forums, where you can ask question but, in some ways more importantly, you can just read other people's questions and answers. I would do that before asking any questions of your own. On the critiquing part of the site, you must do critiques (and gain karma points) before you can post your own work to be reviewed. Before you do any critiquing, read a lot of the work posted and read the critiques that are already there. This will give you an idea of the types of things that people are looking for in feedback. You may see examples of how not to do things, where the feedback is not helpful. This is also good to know so you can try to avoid pitfalls. Be polite, assume everyone is at least trying to be useful, and have fun.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Bethany377

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best