bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Are "morning pages" useful? I've found an interesting private online journaling website: 750words.com From "About" section of the website: I've long been inspired by an idea I first learned - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Besides what you can learn for life from morning pages, this habit is very useful for developing creative writing skills. (But for that, I don't think you have to do them in the morning.)

What you learn with this approach is the essential "write, don't edit" principle. Most people learn to write and edit at the same time. That was maybe helpful in school, writing a test, but it is not helpful in life.

Have you ever started to write a paragraph, found a spelling/grammar error in the beginning, corrected it and you've totally forgot what you wanted to write in the next sentences? Well, that does not happen, if you teach yourself to write things without editing them. You have plenty of time doing that, after you've written down everything what was in your head.

It needs practice to kick your personal editor out of your head. Then you can concentrate on what you want to do: that's writing, not editing.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best