bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Real-world issues with using an alias It's not so much that I dislike my real name, but I have a few issues that make me uncomfortable with using it. This is mainly due to the fact that - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If what you seek is a measure of anonymity, but not to actually hide who you are, you can use your first name and initial. You can be Lois L. or Clark K. Even if your name is highly unique, it is very unlikely you will be recognised by your first name alone. But when you do want to be recognised, you're right there. No trouble introducing yourself.

Another approach is to use something that is very obviously a pseudonym. If you call yourself Lois Lane or Clark Kent on social media, nobody would think that's your real name. That's just a handle you chose for yourself, that's perfectly fine, you're just a person who likes their privacy and is a fan of Superman. You want to introduce yourself in a situation with real people? You're [real name], who uses such-and-such nickname on social media. If you expect to become known by that alias, pick something that's more unique than "Lois Lane", but still unmistakably recognisable as a nickname rather than a real name. As an example, I'm sure nobody thinks my given name is Galastel. But I've been Galastel on social media since I was 14, and needed something to fit in on a Tolkien-fanclub site.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Deb2945533

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best