bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What are good places (online) where a community of writers can get together and share their knowledge about writing? It would be nice to be a member of an online community of people who are - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

It would be nice to be a member of an online community of people who are knowledgeable about writing, willing to directly help eachother in a format such as Q&A (like here on SE), but also engage in activities out of scope for SE (which could range from general discussion about writing to arranging IRL writing groups), while not depending on a specific technology provider too much (if a community has intrinsic value beyond certain content that it has produced, it should be able to get up and leave from, random example, stack exchange, and move to some other forum; furthermore, it should be able to take its content with it). Are there such places?

This question is obviously motivated by the current misbehaviour of Stack Exchange, the company (as is being discussed on writing.meta.stackexchange.com and meta.stackexchange.com), but it is more general than that, since the Q&A format itself is somewhat limiting.

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Looi5811334

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Try Critique Circle. It's free, although you can pay a subscription to be able to do more cool stuff I guess.

They are an online writing community where you can discuss, research, brainstorm or simply hold friendly debates with fellow writers. Oh, and they will let you critique other's work or vice versa.
www.critiquecircle.com/

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

"The Library" which is a Discord server run by writers is a good resource, I have found. There are many published and aspiring authors there and they are quite willing to help with questions, suggestions, critiques etc... and they appear to be very active:
writersdiscord.com/
I would also recommend Reddit. There are a number of different writing related subreddits but this would be a key one:
www.reddit.com/r/writing/

Load Full (0)