bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Journaling | One for each topic, or combine several topics in one? Lets assume that I begin a written Journal ( which over time will be published online ) about: My preferences towards MUSIC - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Lets assume that I begin a written Journal ( which over time will be published online ) about:

My preferences towards MUSIC
Inspirational ART & PHOTOGRAPHY
SHORT STORIES that I read and enjoy

In my mind, the goal of this journal is not only to document my interests, but to also promote the bands, artists, photographers and authors who are mentioned.

Now lets assume that within 6 months, I begin to create my own Art, Photography, Literature and Music. It seems to me that creating a journal about this ( my work process, rough workings, finished projects, alternative edits, etc ) would be a great thing to do.

But, even though each of these journals have their own content and goals, I feel there is a good reason for combining the content into one single writing project. Bearing in mind that my preferences in music, literature and art - Documented in Journal A - is the inspiration for my own work and creations - Documented in Journal B.

On the other hand, as one is primarily an interests journal, and the other is a project journal, I'm not sure if in practice they would go together as well as it looks in theory.

Alternatively, does this scenario work better the other way around - Turning a project based journal into one that documents the inspiration behind your work.

Thoughts please?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Harper186

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Start writing. Stop asking questions about format or you will never get anything written. It doesn't matter whether you are writing about more than one topic in a single journal or more than one. Get a body of written text and then worry about its exact form.

The bottom line is, until you start writing, your questions are immaterial: you can't publish articles that have never been written.

Load Full (0)