logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Multiple hyperlinks I'm writing a paper using Microsoft Word that must have all figures in Appendices. I have found myself in this situation: I use one figure to define multiple concepts, I

Sent2472441 @Sent2472441

Posted in: #Hyperlink #MicrosoftWord

I'm writing a paper using Microsoft Word that must have all figures in Appendices. I have found myself in this situation: I use one figure to define multiple concepts, I have created multiples hyperlinks to the figure, and a hyperlink to each of the part of the text beside the title of the figure:
..., See Figure 1.01 A...
..., See Figure 1.01 B...
..., See Figure 1.01 C...
Figure 1.01 A B C
I have done this hoping to improve the reading experience, but I want to know if it is possible to do this the other way: creating multiple hyperlinks to one so that when I click this hyperlink, it takes me back to the last place I called it.

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Moriarity138

Moriarity138 @Moriarity138

You can accomplish your goal this way:

Create a macro. I named mine "AltLeft".
Open the macro editor and add the SendKeys command, like this:

Sub AltLeft()
' AltLeft Macro
SendKeys ("%{LEFT}")
End Sub

The string "%{LEFT}" tells Word to send the Alt-LeftArrow key sequence. This key sequence will take the user back to the last hyperlink clicked.
Assign the AltLeft macro to a button and save it to your document. (Note: you will have to save the document in Word's macro-enabled format (.docm) so that the macro will work.)

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme