bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to come up with a good title? I'm done with my first novel, and I'm about to start writing to agents/publishers. The only detail I don't have yet is a good title! I have a couple of - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There are some ways, some better, some worse. If this story is connected to some common theme, story, legend, myth, take its name and modify it, come up with some pun based on how it twists the theme, or such. This is a better method but it may or may not always work.

One universal method that always works and always produces decent results though is: Abstract, abstract, abstract.

Try to write a one or two paragraph summary of the whole novel without spoilers, a blurb you could put as "plot summary" in a page offering the sales of this book in an e-bookstore.
Summarize the newly-created paragraph in one sentence, one line - something you could put after the title in a condensed list of books.
Summarize that line in one to four words. There, you have your title - your whole book reduced to one to four words.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Deb2945533

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best