bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Can't write, can plan I can plan all sorts of specific aspects in a novel such as characters, locations, and the plot in general, but I struggle to actually write it the way it is in my - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'd like to add to @Elliot 's excellent answer by saying that it doesn't really matter what you write, so long as you just keep practicing. If you're reluctant to start writing your "dream project" because you want to do it justice, then work on a different project first. Try improvising a story, without planning anything about who the characters are or how it'll turn out--just start writing and see what happens. Do some other writing exercises or participate in workshops. Commit to NaNoWriMo. Or do what I did: keep a journal and write something in it, anything, every day.

Most importantly, don't get discouraged if you end up writing a lot of garbage--in fact, you should expect to. If you're challenging yourself enough to get better, most of your writing will be way worse than if you'd played it safe--but the stuff that's worth keeping will get much, much better.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murphy332

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best