bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Citing and Quoting events in Games How do I cite and quote a happening in a game? I am looking for more detail than just game and version number in the citation. How can I cite events and - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

How do I cite and quote a happening in a game? I am looking for more detail than just game and version number in the citation. How can I cite events and quote the actions of characters in my analysis of the game? As you probably know the story line for games is sometimes not exactly.. linear.

I have already made several web searches concerning this question, but Google thinks I want to play citation games and find video game quotes; only a tiny amount of results are actually relevant and the few that are fail to answer my questions.

I am using MLA.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Alves689

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Cite the game according to your style guide's format, and provide any more specific context you feel is necessary as part of the lead-in and text surrounding the quote or reference.

The Traveller's sudden incarceration on his first arrival in the 233rd Age parallels the Traveller's arrival in Riven: an automated trap is sprung and the Traveller forced to wait until his jailor notices. In contrast to Cho's earnestly memorised but unintelligible interrogation, however, Ghen's greeting is a civil and insincere apology for using "less civilised methods than I might otherwise have chosen."

Cyan Worlds. Riven: The Sequel to Myst. Red Orb Entertainment, 1997. Mac.

Load Full (0)