bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Right font style and size for a master thesis I'm writing a master thesis for my master in economics. Given that the thesis is not expected to be too much formal (the master itslef is very - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm writing a master thesis for my master in economics.

Given that the thesis is not expected to be too much formal (the master itslef is very practical and little theoretical) I want to use good conventions.

So far this is the formatting I used:

main title "Thesis of ...": Arial 16pt
Abstract subtitle: Times New Roman 12pt
Abstract content: Times New Roman 11pt, justified
Heading 1 (main sections of the paper): Arial 14 bold
Heading 2 (sections of the paper, corresponding to Headings 1): Arial 12 bold
Content of each sections (Headings 2): Times New Roman 12pt justified . The content is starting after a blank line

How can I improve the formatting to make the paper looking professional?
Thanks in advance

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Shakeerah107

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Your academic department may have posted guidelines for this. For example, the Rutgers Graduate school has posted an Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Style Guide, complete with sample pages. They suggest an easy-to-read font in 10-12 point type, but other schools may have different requirements.

Many schools may require that you use an existing style guide, such as APA style, MLA style, or the Chicago Manual of Style. These will probably be available for use in a local library.

Your school may use one of these, or it may have posted its own style guide, or use a hybrid of them. Check with your department website and your department advisor; they will be the final arbiter.

Load Full (0)