bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How many queries do you send to editors a week? How often should a writer be sending queries to establish a consistent flow of work? Currently I have a goal of trying to send out one query - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

How often should a writer be sending queries to establish a consistent flow of work? Currently I have a goal of trying to send out one query a day and at least two a week to places I've never worked with before to try and broaden my portfolio of clips. Is this enough?

What kind of return can I expect on this level of effort? What will I need to do in order to up the return on my time investment?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Berryessa137

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I have a query day with no set goals in terms of numbers, other than to send at least one. My day is usually Monday, because that's the most work I can get out myself that day.

If you're asking how frequently you should be sending out queries, the answer is enough to get you enough work. If you're writing for a living, then -- a lot of queries, especially at the beginning when you're taking shorter and lower paying assignments. Later on in your career, when you're landing features that pay upwards of ,000 or such, you won't need to send as many queries.

Load Full (0)