bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : This is an interesting and thought provoking question: "How do I write as an 18 year-old, non-native speaker would write?" And assume I am not one. I found this site looking for tips on my - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This is an interesting and thought provoking question: "How do I write as an 18 year-old, non-native speaker would write?" And assume I am not one.
I found this site looking for tips on my iphone and I am not in a habit of writing on internet threads to people I've never met, so I apologize in advance for etiquette faux-pas.
2 words: computational linguistics. Since each human's language and vocabulary is unique, to replicate the sound of language or the writing of an "18 year-old, etc," one must have specific model in mind...or just let that 18 year old write it. However, as I imagine you're involved in some sort of exercise to see if you can stretch your writing ability, I believe that would require an extensive study of the patterns of speech of specific demographic. I imagine in time there will be access to on-line speech pattern analysis that will be applicable to defined percentages of certain demographics. This data-bank may be a by-product of an attempt to categorize speech for the purpose of developing natural language processing.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Holmes449

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best