bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Unofficial Fan Fictions - How can I Secure Them? For a long time now, I have been writing fan fictions based off of the storyline of a board game. I have posted these fan fictions on a - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If your work is visible to the public, you cannot prevent plagiarism.

You could reduce the likelihood of plagiarism by posting your work on a site that is protected by a password (and perhaps a user agreement). But this also reduces availability.

You can perhaps increase your chances of detecting plagiarism by setting up a Google alert for one or more likely-unique phrases in your text. I have no idea what remedies you might have if you detect plagiarism.

Note: The discontinuation of the game does not terminate the copyright owner's rights. Specifically, it does not give you any right to the material. Unless the copyright owner has explicitly transferred the copyrights to the public, or to some group of people that includes you, you have no right to use the copyrighted material. The only legal way to use the copyrighted material in your fan fiction is to obtain that right from the copyright owner. (I am not a lawyer. I do not know the laws related to fan fiction.)

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray831

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best