bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it possible to practice the craft of creative writing in isolation? Is it possible to practice the craft of creative writing in isolation? I am not directly affiliated with a writing community, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Two possible answers from my own past...

Consider joining an online writing circle. I was a part of FMWriters for several years and got a ton of great feedback from the small samples and short stories which I shared on the site. If you join them, try to get into a private writing circle in your chosen genre. The open forums are wonderful, providing one-off critiques of any writing which you post, in return for your critiquing the posts of other members. The private circle's take that a step further, giving you a small group of writers to build a cooperative critiquing relationship with.
Start a writing group of your own, in the real world, near where you live. You can't be the only potential writer who is frustrated with your area's lack of a supporting community. Running a group is an organizational challenge, not an artistic one. There is no requirement that you be a great writer before you start the group. I ran a 400+ member group for about 5 years and even after all that time, many of my members knew more about plotting, grammar and character development than I do now. If I had had to be a great writer before scheduling the group's first meeting, then it never would have come together.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Bryan361

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best