bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Originality of Writing I have been writing a book, and often times I feel like a lot of the elements in my story are just Freudian slips. I'm not plagiarizing or anything, but sometimes I - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There's a couple practical things that can help. First, try keeping a dream journal --anyone can learn to remember their dreams, and it's a direct connection to your own personal subconscious.

Second, try exposing yourself to a different form of creativity --music or visual art. At least then if you're influenced, it will be by someone who isn't working in your own field.

Finally --it has often been said that "Lesser artists borrow, great artists steal." We are all influenced all the time by what we see and read --the question is to what extent are you making something truly your own. After all, even Shakespeare's plots were far from original. Worry less about whether something is reminiscent of something else and more about whether it's good enough to justify using it.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best