bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Critical Elements Of A Story I've been writing a story and i wanted someone to proofread my story before i actually send it off for further checking. This person is my teacher and he wants - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I've been writing a story and i wanted someone to proofread my story before i actually send it off for further checking. This person is my teacher and he wants me to categorize all my chapters in parts such as introduction,climax etc the kind of the formula he used to teach us back in class. Unfortunately for me I've lost all his notes and i don't want to sound like a goof and ask him for notes he gave me years ago. So can anyone tell me what are the elements that make a story so i may organize my Chapters so i can get to work and send him the book and work on other things related to the book. Thank You in Advance

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Yeniel532

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I agree 'freytag's pyramid' is most likely what he's asking for. The basic layout for this would be: 1:exposition 2:rising action 3:climax 4:falling action 5:dénouement. See Writing Drama: A Comprehensive Guide for Playwrights and Scriptwriters by Yves Lavandier.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

It sounds like your teacher used Freytag's pyramid, which is something of a standard in analyzing Western literature. If that isn't it, I think you are going to have to 'fess up to your carelessness, as Chris suggested.

Load Full (0)