bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Am I making the writing too complex? My story is of a fantasy world where the wars of several species have all been fought, lost, and the protagonist is writing his journal from inside a - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There are two basic applications of this technique: serious and comedic.

In the serious version, your character changes opinion about given passage while writing it. It tells about character development, how their view of things changes through introspection and reminiscence.

My best friends gave their lives for this country the wealth of the oil tycoons.

This technique is also quite successfully used for comedic effect where the character first expresses true thoughts and then replaces them with euphemisms, for example replacing childish glee of enthusiasm with more serious and moderate approach:

"Yes, yes! I'm yours, let's do it! This idea has some merit and is worthy of further consideration."

Note: strike-through considerably reduces legibility. Don't overuse it. Crossing out single sentences is okay, but if you cross out entire paragraphs, you're abusing it.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Megan928

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best