bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Discouraging link to Lulu or CreateSpace I am finishing writing a non-fiction (religious) e-book. It looks like for me that the most effective way to market my writings is to advertise it with - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

My guess is that the average reader does not know Lulu and CreateSpace from any other online store. But some people would recognize those as POD companies. And some of those would guess that you are a small publisher. And some of those would assume that your book is less professional than a traditional publisher's book.

Here's the reason I don't link to my books on the CreateSpace store: I would like my books to be stocked in bookstores. Bookstores are likely to recognize CreateSpace as a POD company, and be less eager to stock a CreateSpace book on their shelves.

But CreateSpace can distribute your books through Amazon (as Aibrean says) and also lots of other retailers. If your cover and description are professional looking, your book will look no different from any other book in those retailers' stores.

One thing to be aware of with CreateSpace: If you use their free ISBN, they list themselves as the publisher of your book. So the listing on Amazon and other retailers would show CreateSpace as the publisher.

If you want to use your own imprint, you have to buy one of CreateSpace's not-free ISBNs, or (as I do) buy the ISBN from your ISBN registrar and use that.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray831

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best