bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How Do I Fill In The Gaps Between The Chapters I know this may come off as weird or strange but i want to know how do i finish my novel. The thing is that i already know how to end - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The start and the end are mere bookends to the body of the story. The body of the story is where characters develop and plot and events unfold.

That said a good start can hook a read and a good end can leave them satisfied and wanting more.

So assuming that you find the opening and the close where your creativity is strongest go with that. Plan the journey (be that plot, character or otherwise) into episodes. Then write the opener and the close of an episode. Then tell the pertinent story that relates to the growth of the character and the key events of that episode. Include any details that will matter in future episodes.

Before you know it you will have a series of chapters with each one resulting from the events of the one before. Characters reacting to what happened and then reacting to the results of their reaction and before you know it you will have a well paced story of things that start and things that end and things that continue from one episode to the next.

The chances are that your chapters will be well paced and keep the reader hooked. Your endings need only make them want to read the next chapter and the opening of that chapter need only make them want to read the whole chapter.

The chances are that your first draft will not be perfect. that's okay, don't worry about it. You can fix that later.

It is quite likely that there will be sense that are uninteresting, slow and not needed for the story - you can always remove them later just write them for now.

Tell the story and then fix the other issues later.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Barnes643

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best