logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Graphical presentation method nomenclature I'm part of a technical documentation team where I'm suggesting the document designers different methods for graphical presentation. Each time I need to

Cody1607638 @Cody1607638

Posted in: #TechnicalWriting #Terminology

I'm part of a technical documentation team where I'm suggesting the document designers different methods for graphical presentation. Each time I need to talk about a method I have to look around and dig into the search engines to find out the terms used for them. We have a UX designer who mostly can shed some light on some of them but when he's not around, the job falls onto myself.

Are there some guides which define different ways of graphical presentation methods in documentation or do I have to dig all of them up?

The last one I was trying to find was "popup zoom in" for which I'm still not convinced that it's the correct term.

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Nimeshi163

Nimeshi163 @Nimeshi163

Wikipedia has this short list of graphical elements for interfaces that use the prevailing WIMP paradigm.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_graphical_user_interface_elements
According to the example you've provided above, I think what you have there is a

zoomable popup control

or

zoomable popup widget

Hope this helps! Personally I've never liked the word widget!

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme