bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I learn to think and interpret things more critically? As a freelance journalist, I spend a lot of time reading the media. Often I'll come across an article that I admire, and feel - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Unfortunately there is no easy answer. As changing ones modality of thought and interpretation, is no easy task. @Tave has a great idea, that learning about the different frameworks, the skeletal structure of writing/differing types of media. As that is a good and basic way to critique certain works.
But other than that, there is no real surefire way of changing the way you view pieces/works.

The issue here is that criticism, other than an objective assessment. ((Spelled wrong, formatted poorly.) With a slight portion of comparison between it and works of its ilk) Is only your own personal emotional response. Which is dependent upon your own life experiences.

The way you expand on that should be self evident. If you need to learn how to be a better critic of food articles or shows. Try enrolling in a basic culinary course. To immerse yourself in that world, in the hopes that you may have a better vantage point to criticize.

I am not a painter, thus my criticism of fine works will be at a disadvantage, however, if i can find a way to illustrate what i am getting at. In a palatable and understandable way. Furthermore that point resonates with enough other people. Then even my amateur status, can yield constructive and helpful criticisms.

In essence, my suggestion would be to try to "walk a mile in the shoes" of what ever topic or what have you... uhhh, i think you see what i am getting at. Best of luck.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Speyer920

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best