bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: World Building vs Story Writing Note, this might be off-topic and belong on World Building SE? I have always been far more interested in building the world my stories take place in than the - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There are lots of great fictional encyclopedias and fictional history books and if you want to write one you should!

I remember lots of great books that I read as a kid that had but a whisp of narrative and instead mostly consisted of a fantastically realized world. One of my favorites was "Need A House? Call Ms. Mouse!".

Illustrated books would probably be more common than otherwise in this category. I'm thinking of books like "Castle". Lots of people would enjoy a book like that, even a much bigger one, even if it described and illustrated a fictional world.

I'd also consider World War Z to be very similar to what you're outlining in your question. It's subtitle after all is "An Oral History of the Zombie War".

I think writing new fictional encyclopedias and fictional history books are great ideas. Like "Rise and Fall of The Third Reich" but in your fictional universe!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Nimeshi163

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best