bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Use Pen Name after Blunder? Three years ago I published a novel on Kindle. 10K free copies went out before I realized the text was vertical! It is still quite painful to recall. I unpublished - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

Three years ago I published a novel on Kindle. 10K free copies went out before I realized the text was vertical! It is still quite painful to recall.

I unpublished it, got a new cover, waited 6 months, and republished. Sales were slow. The point is I am trying to build a career on Kindle. I now have three books there.

I'm about to publish a new novel and wonder if it would be wise to distance myself from the blunder by using a pen name. Are there any reasons I want to retain the same name? Is this a serious enough problem that I should start fresh with a new name?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ravi5107385

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Good luck with your writing career. I wouldn't worry about the blunder. Often, that sort of thing can make you sound more human and you can even use it as a marketing trick later in your career. Everyone loves a back story and to learn how authors "made it". It's something you could use on an author's website when the time is right.

Secondly, most people have incredibly short memories. We live in an era of information overload. You mention 10k downloads of the wrongly formatted book: 10,000 people is less than a small town's population - which means most of the people even in your own country have not even heard of you as yet. They simply don't know you cocked up. Use your own name, make a success of your writing and use this story at an appropriate juncture in your life to inspire the next generation of aspiring writers.

Load Full (0)