bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Where can I get/generate a custom font? One reading Harry Potter (and I'm sure they are in other books as well) will notice that J. K. Rowling utilizes several custom fonts, most commonly in - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

One reading Harry Potter (and I'm sure they are in other books as well) will notice that J. K. Rowling utilizes several custom fonts, most commonly in letters and handwriting. There is the Hagrid font. There is the Harry Potter font. There's even a font in the fourth book made to look like it is pieces of paper pasted together (Hermione's hate mail).

Where can I generate/order custom fonts like these? Is there a program that can do it?

For my specific purposes, I am attempting to make a font consisting of Elvish letters.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cugini967

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

There are various online searches that you can perform to learn more information. Here are a couple of general concepts that will help you to determine what you need:

Typeface Libraries, or Font Foundries: These are in the form of either original designers of a family of typefaces, and/or an online store that sells such typefaces (though sometimes free).
Typeface design tools: These are graphic design applications that you can use to either modify an existing typeface, or create a typeface from scratch, and then save the result in a system font file that can then be used by your computer applications.

Being works that involve a creative process, be aware that there are copyright issues with respect to typefaces, with which you must be particularly careful as regards modifying an existing typeface.

With respect to different types of system fonts, there are a handful of systems available, though the more common would be TrueType / OpenType, and Adobe Type 1.

Load Full (0)