bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Copywriting question, error by publisher I had a friend "publisher" help with organizing and publishing my children's book through a self publishing company. We have no written contract. He was - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I had a friend "publisher" help with organizing and publishing my children's book through a self publishing company. We have no written contract. He was to help me for gratis as he learned the process of publishing a children's book. During the process he registered the copyright for my book with his name as the author and my name as a Pseudonym.

What does this mean for me and my book and how do I fix it?

It was my concept, my text, my idea concepts for the illustrations, my money. He basically negotiated and sent my book through the process of printing.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Deb2945533

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

There are three legal options that I can think of off the top of my head, they are to contest the copyright, sue for breach of contract, and report an Identity theft. There is a time limit on contesting the copyright, and breach of contract gets more muddled the longer you take; so I would recommend getting a good lawyer right away.

It is possible that he meant no harm, but if this is the case you still have a royal mess and a good lawyer will be invaluable in cleaning it up.

Load Full (0)