logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : How can I determine a genre's target audience? I am making this question with the assumption in mind that specific genres attract certain types of people. How can I determine the target audience

Looi5811334 @Looi5811334

Posted in: #Audience #Genre

I am making this question with the assumption in mind that specific genres attract certain types of people.

How can I determine the target audience based off of genre alone? I'm looking for the reasoning behind determining target audiences, though a list of who reads what would obviously work as well.

For example, I've heard that (speaking in generality) lawyers read legal thrillers, women read romances, and so on. Those make sense. But I've also heard that graphic designers read fantasy. Why? That is my question.

10.02% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Kevin153

Kevin153 @Kevin153

I believe it will be more better if you first identify personality characteristics or user nature leading him/her to like a certain genre. Identifying this will help you as you can then find the best suited class of people or profession of people who will have those traits.

This can not only result in finding all the sets of people having the genre as their liking but also help you link that certain user traits can be affiliated to a certain list of genres.

Finding these particular traits will give you a better picture as to why certain people like certain genres.

Practically though getting this data of personality traits will be more hard than simply getting professions.

Also no conclusion can be a complete one as at the end a persons choices can vary from time to time depending on the current stage her/his life is in.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme