bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I need to smash a wrist in a grocery store One of my lead characters has to do community service at a grocery store. She has magical powers that will allow her to escape easily, but they - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

One of my lead characters has to do community service at a grocery store. She has magical powers that will allow her to escape easily, but they are suppressed by a high-tech wrist brace. The plot requires that she come up with a clever way to smash the brace and deactivate it, allowing her to use her powers again. The thing is, I can't think of anything within a grocery store powerful enough to do any real smashing. I need help! Should I come up with another way to deactivate it, or is there just something I missed?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Speyer920

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

One of my favorite tools is a bucket tool, and it is found in the bakery where they use it for opening and closing 5-gallon buckets of frosting. It is a wicked cross between a hammer and a pry-bar. There are also cleavers, meet hooks and bone saws in the butcher section (in addition to the meat grinder that ate about 1/3 of a friend's hand) and of course the deli slicer offers all sorts of possibilities (set it to maximum cut and sparks start flying on the second or third pass).

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Use the device that deactivates the tags they put on clothing/bottles/etc to stop them being shoplifted. She has to struggle to get her device/tag to fit into the machine/it doesn't work at first/it is urgent that it works immediately/whatever.

Alternatively, have her make a chemical concoction that disrupts the mechanism. Think about the cleaning aisle.

Don't shelf-stackers open boxes quickly? They don't use their hands, at least when the boxes are sealed with tape.

Load Full (0)