bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Are "print world rights in English" the same as "First World Print Rights"? I am considering selling work to "Shoreline of Infinity" however they say We buy first digital and print world - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I am considering selling work to "Shoreline of Infinity" however they say

We buy first digital and print world rights in English, but your
rights are returned to you after 6 months of original publication
(digital or print).

I am not familiar with this specific terminology and am unsure if I would be giving up too much or if I have first sold to regional publications if I am no longer offering what they are looking for.

Is this the same as asking for First World English Print Rights? Or am I able to sell First British, First North American etc and then sell them Generic (second) World Rights?

I understand that as I am being asked for digital rights I am unlikely to make any sales after selling to this publication so I need to know exactly what I am being asked for so I know what sales (if any) I can make first.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sue2132873

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

They purchase the right to be the first to publish your work in English anywhere in the world in those formats. You would not be able to sell first rights in English anywhere in the world after that.

ETA: I am not a lawyer.

Load Full (0)