bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to decide whether a story is worth writing? Sometimes I have inspiration for a story. In random pieces of spare time I daydream more and more details until I am satisfied with the concept - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I don't remember who; but someone once compared the urge to write with a tumour. I understand that you'd get along just fine without having to put pen to paper. A couple hours of Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto and you won't feel like delving deep into your soul to reach out for that story anymore. A few minutes of TV is always a better idea, right?

Well, I can assure you that one day the story will come to haunt you. For those of us who find solace in writing, nothing except sitting down on our typewriter and slogging away those daylight hours gives us peace of mind (or clarity of mind, for some).

I don't know if it's the same with you, but when I get an idea for a story, I let it build inside me. daydream more and more details, as you define it. I let the story and characters possess me to the point of lunacy. Just like a tumour, you see. Until I realise that I have to rid myself of it. And so I write. Not for others, but because I have to.

Don't write for others. Write for yourself. Write not for striking a chord with others. Write to quench your own thirst.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Deb2945533

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best