bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Use Moscow Metro in a book I'm publishing a short book about a trip to Moscow that I made. Is it OK for me to mention the Moscow Metro and specific stations? Also I've described walking - selfpublishingguru.com

10.04% popularity

I'm publishing a short book about a trip to Moscow that I made. Is it OK for me to mention the Moscow Metro and specific stations?

Also I've described walking through it in the following way. Might this be considered defamatory?

We must go with the flow into the belly of the beast; down a white
relatively featureless tunnel like workers marching in an urban
dystopia. We see our platform and squash into the train.

We take a spectacularly noisy Metro ride

approaches a man in a booth to ask for help but the man turns
away. I look at the man and he continues to look away but now looks a
bit awkward about doing it but he still does it.

www.amazon.com/Marriage-Moscow-Ian-Warburton-ebook/dp/B011J47AOE

Load Full (3)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Bryan361

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

For something to be "defamatory," it has to be 1) certifiably "untrue" and 2) "highly offensive" to a reasonable person.

What you said is more of an opinion than a factual statement, you are entitled to your opinion and said nothing that was certifiably untrue. Moreover, what you said would not be "highly offensive" to a reasonable person.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

There is no problem in using public places in your books, including the Moscow Metro. In fact the Moscow Metro is already the setting of the Metro-series of novels by russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky. No problem here.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

The Moscow Metro is public transport so fair game to use in a story.

For any unfounded negative remarks, in case you are worried about consequences your can use a disclaimer thought that generally only is done for real live persons (that may take actions otherwise).

Load Full (0)