bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : My experience with this is two-fold: I did translation work for some time. I come from a family of professional translators (my aunt still being in the business). Working for a company routinely - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

My experience with this is two-fold:

I did translation work for some time. I come from a family of professional translators (my aunt still being in the business).
Working for a company routinely ordering translations from third parties and reading the translated documents.

The first concern is financial: translating stuff is way more expensive then editing and the better the translation, the more expensive it may be.

The results may also be quite variable. I had experiences with translations from companies with great reputations that ended up absolutely horrendous. If you're unlucky the end result of a translation may be the same thing you would have produced yourself sans the benefit of copyediting from a native english speaker (and you ending up paying a ridiculous fee).

Writing it yourself also has the added benefit of beefing up your experience with a foreign language which never hurts.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Si5022468

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best