bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: academic writing: direct quote I have a simple question regarding scientific quotes. Which of the following alternatives is correct? Alt. 1: The literature has made substantial strides towards - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If the author's name is already used in the sentence (as in your example), the correct styling following APA (American Psychological Association) for in-text citations would be:

The literature has made substantial strides towards identifying causal effects of X on Y and J. Miller (2010) has concluded "..." (p. 23).

I'm assuming from the way you've composed your sentence ('has concluded') that APA style is most appropriate. APA requires a page number from the source containing the direct quote.

See this link from Purdue University's Online Writing Lab for source of my information on APA style and more information: owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/2/
The site is a good reference for research and citation covering APA, MLA, and Chicago Manual of Style. Your publication/university will dictate which particular style it expects writers to follow. Always check the most up-to-date authority.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Reiling826

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best