bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Finding it difficult and stress provoking to write a long post For the past few weeks, I have started to write about random things in an attempt to improve my language skills. I figured - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

One thing I can say is, do not stress yourself out. That would be rule number one.

Other than that, the medium does matter. Writing directly on a forum may put on the pressure for you. Best to dose it correctly, neither too high nor too low.

Different subject matter will require different levels of effort. Writing a light-hearted message about an average vacation day for the home front will (should) be more easy than unburdening your heartache in order to ask for emotional support.

In the end in order to get into the habit, acquiring skill and speed through doing indeed works.

Looks like if you pace yourself, pushing a little bit at a time and giving yourself room to improve day by day you will get there.

A small anecdote may help.
Agatha Christie, having written a pile of books already one day started to work with a professional typist, dictating her text. When she read back the material she was horrified to see that expansive drivel was the result. She concluded that painstakingly typing by hand ensured that each word counted, making for a good read.

Have fun!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gonzalez219

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best