bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I am looking for similar software and i'd be interested to know if you've found anything since you asked this question. The only thing i've found in my search is a piece of software called - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I am looking for similar software and i'd be interested to know if you've found anything since you asked this question. The only thing i've found in my search is a piece of software called WriteItNow.

In regards what you were seeking, this is what i've learned about WriteItNow from their Demo (which, by the way, does not allow you to save... so i didn't get that deep into the software):

something like a filesystem, with a file for each character

It appears to be project-based, somewhat like Scrivener... so each character has their own page, but it's all contained in one project file. However, unlike Scrivener where the .scriv file is really a folder, the WriteItNow .wnwx file is just a single file... so it wouold probably be good practice to export the data from the file on a regular basis... just in case.

it should have or allow me to create categories like name, gender,
age, backstory, and so on
once created, these categories should automatically be available for
each character

It generates a blank form for every new character, with tabs for Personality Traits, a Picture, Relationships, and written details.

adding images, text files, movies and stuff, or linking to these

Under the "Details" tab for a specific character, clicking "Links" in the menu will allow for linking to files, websites, and other information within the project.

it would be nice if it somehow interacted with my writing and timeline
software (Scrivener and Aeon Timeline)

Not directly, but it allows for exporting to basic formats (doc, pdf, txt, rtf, html, epub). It also allows you to print the charts it can generate (such as the relationship chart).

creating relations between characters (married to, boss of, lives next
door to, etc.)
these relations should not be limited in number

Allows for unlimited relationships and relationship types as far as i can tell. Also allows for the creation of custom relationships. And it generates a relationship chart.

Here's a screenshot of the Characters Tab:

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ravi5107385

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best