bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to overcome the fact that I can't write? My problem is that I basically suck at writing. Especially prose. Part of it is basically because I don't practice as much as I could. Part - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

A missing point here is superstructure. Whereas you can make a mess on a short distance, you better put a bit more thought and structure in where you're going and where you come from.

In general, a story (or even, perhaps more, a scientific argument) consists of a story line as well as the words that fill this in. If you don't know the storyline at all you are at high risk of going nowhere, or at least not where you want to go. So setting out your storyline (for example by creating an outline) is really helpful.

The storyline drives which paragraphs and sections you have. The sections themselves can be more freeform. Just remember that paragraphs make only one point, and that paragraphs consist of more than one sentence. Bad paragraphing is a sure way to make whatever you write unreadable, a trait often seen in student's work (esp. when the topic is technical).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Looi5811334

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best