bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I am a 16 year old who wants to be a writer, but can I? I'm 16 years old and I've wrote about 4 to 5 different books. I have two that I think would be good enough for the public to - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Alyssa,

Make a plan. If you don't know where you are going, you won't know how to get there.

Identify the problems you need to solve - then solve them one by one.

Make sure your writing is as tight as it can be. Anything which does not add to your story and make it move along needs to be taken out.

Check your spellings, tenses, grammar and syntax. Where you are at all unsure, check that what you have written is correct. No excuses for not doing this. Simple example of something which will turn off your potential readers? I'm 16 years old and I've wrote about 4 to 5 different books.

Who says you have to have an agent or a traditional publisher? Many successful writers are going down the self-published route. The two main secrets to their success? Lots of books, free content and an excellent mailing list. There are tons of resources on the internet to help you develop all three key components. A good starting point is www.thecreativepenn.com/ but there are many more. Read, learn, plan. When you have done that, try, fail, reflect and do it all over again!

Good luck!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best