bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I'm writng a biography; what questions should I ask when interviewing the subject? I will be meeting someone soon for a multi-session interview where I will be gathering information for the book - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I am not an expert at all in these types of matters, but thought I'd put in my $.02.

I would say that the open ended questions are definitely the way to start. Get them talking. Then, when you move to the more specific questions, think about if that question has already been answered before asking it again.

And if the question's something like, "Did the subject have any hobbies" you can change it to show that your listening. For example, "You said they liked basketball, did the subject have any other hobbies?"

It sounds to me that you've done your due diligence and prepared as well as you can. "For all things, there comes a first time."

Trust yourself and your preparation. You are clearly interested in the subject, let that lead. The questions you want answered are going to be the questions the reader wants answered.

Blessings!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray831

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best