bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to self-publish? I couldn't find anything to do with self-publishing. Could someone explain this to me and how I could do it? I know that I should know about this but I sadly don't. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I self-published for my senior project and it wasn't too difficult. If you straight up search 'self publishing' in Google, it will give you a gazillion results. I personally used CreateSpace, the amazon self publishing route. It was fairly straightforward with several steps that helped me get to my end goal. There were also a ton of forums with common questions and answers if I really get stuck.

Although, since your first title is free (with CreateSpace anyways), you become limited. There are only certain formats you can choose, paper you can work with, and covers you can create without costing yourself anything. But, if you are willing to take some money out of pocket to make your book better, there are some nice bundles they offer. But still, money is money.

In my opinion it wasn't hard. It was exciting and fun, a overall good experience. But I also wasn't publishing for money. I simply took on this task so I could graduate with my own self published book. Occasionally a friend or family member will purchase a copy and a few bucks get sent to my back account but its hardly anything to notice. I'm sure many people have made it big with self-publishing, but once again, you put in a lot of money to receive a lot.

I would go over your options if your looking into self-publishing. Is it worth it? Are there other routes that are more appealing to you? How much money are you willing to spend if any? Also, if you decided to self publish, research it a bit. Having a background knowledge about what you're getting into is really helpful in the long run.

Hope this helps!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Megan928

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best