bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Authoring tool for interactive documentations I am searching for an application (Desktop- or Web-App) to write and create interactive documentation (especially technical documentation). I like Madcap - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I am searching for an application (Desktop- or Web-App) to write and create interactive documentation (especially technical documentation).
I like Madcap Flare for technical writing, but I'm looking for something that can also create dynamic media - fulltext search, slideshows, expandables, and similar.

It should be easy to adapt and easy to integrate in other processes. And the important thing is that it needs to have a responsive HTML5 output.

If you are reading this and maybe working in the technical documentation sector, what program/app would you use for it?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Berryessa137

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

You can create responsive HTML5 outputs that have interactive elements, like slideshows, using native MadCap Flare functionality AND you can extend Flare's native functionality by incorporating a pre-coded, front-end framework like Bootstrap.

Here's some brief examples of how to accomplish what I think you are referring to above.

Slideshows

See Flare's webhelp for an example of the kind of slideshow Flare supports natively.
Bootstrap supports carousels.

"Expandables"

By this, I assume you mean text that you click on to reveal more text.

Flare supports drop-down text for this need.
Bootstrap supports accordions.

I have started to use Bootstrap with Flare, and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do from now on. This method allows you to have a modern front-end with the beautiful content reuse of Flare.

If I were you, I'd get a trial version of Flare and try plugging in Bootstrap. See how you like it. PM if you need specific guidance.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Check out relayto.com. Pulls in any kind of content in one place files/docs, links, images, videos and about 250 web services and then gives you ability to publish as a web page, PDF or microsite.

Load Full (0)