bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Where is a good place to find writing prompts? I love using writing prompts to come up with story ideas. I'm looking for good sites that have a lot of good writing prompts. One that updates - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I haven't read it myself, but I think this book, The 3 A.M. Epiphany by Brian Kitely, sounds like exactly what you're looking for. It's got very nice reviews - both in terms of score, and the actual description. Here's the first one that sounded like a great match for your question:

The exercises also have an additional dimension to them that most don't. Each one is
carefully constructed to help you explore a certain aspect of your writing. These aren't
meant to be "merely" inspirational--they're designed to teach technique, as well, without
reading like a dry instructional book.

There are types of exercises in here I really haven't seen anywhere else, particularly in
the sections on "Internal Structure" and "Exercises for Stories in Progress", and I think
you'll find them inspiring in ways that other books aren't. They'll make you think, work
and write in whole new directions.

It sounds so tempting, I'm inclined to get a copy myself. :)

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Angie602

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best