bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I think there's a misunderstanding that you'll have to convert your manuscript to the appropriate file format yourself. You won't, though. Authors simply feed a clean file in accepted formats - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think there's a misunderstanding that you'll have to convert your manuscript to the appropriate file format yourself. You won't, though. Authors simply feed a clean file in accepted formats into the KDP, and the conversion to the appropriate file format for wide use across their platforms is automatic.

That being said, having a clean file, without a lot of "crufty code" (a term I learned on someone's blog this very morn), can go a long way to having a well-formatted output file.

I realize this isn't a direct answer to your question, but the answer really is, you don't have to do that conversion yourself. The KDP will do it for you. All you have to provide is a clean file in one of the acceptable formats. See here for those formats.

From that page:

Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) lets you upload and convert your final draft from several formats. For best results, we recommend that you upload in DOC/DOCX (.doc/.docx) or HTML (.html) format. Be sure to read through the tips below for your preferred format prior to publishing your work with KDP.

And this is a helpful guide on creating an ebook on Kindle, if you've not already read it.

Hope that helps some.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @BetL639

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best