bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : "Works" in Works Cited when there is only one source? I am currently writing an essay on Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and I only have one source. Do I still call it a "Works Cited" page? - selfpublishingguru.com

10.03% popularity

I am currently writing an essay on Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and I only have one source. Do I still call it a "Works Cited" page?

I read this following website, but it didn't seem to help: www.ivcc.edu/stylebooks/stylebook4.aspx?id=14586

Load Full (3)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sims2267584

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

You can call it a Work Cited page

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

According to Blakesley & Hoogeveen's Writing: A Manual for the Digital Age, you should write "Work Cited" if there's only one source.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Not knowing much about MLA, in general I highly recommend adding at least two more sources:

A source about the author, something like: www.biography.com/people/mark-twain-9512564 At least one source on the story itself, something like: www.gilderlehrman.org/history-by-era/literature-and-language-arts/essays/rethinking-huck

This will give insight in the creation and cultural context of the work being discussed, providing more depth for your own interpretation.

Load Full (0)