bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I'm shy to let my friends read my books All the books I have wrote, I've always been shy to show my friends. I don't want them to think poorly of me with what I write. Any advice that - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Nobody else has mentioned it, so I'll be the bad guy. Your grammar is problematic, if this post is any indication. You may benefit from a patient editor. Your profile places you as high school aged. If you have a rapport with any of your teachers, you might ask him or her to do a close read of five or ten pages. If it comes back heavily marked up, The Elements of Style by Strunk and White is clear and brief.

If you're shy about showing your friends, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Kids can be horrible. How mortified would you be if someone in your circle leaked your writing to an unsympathetic audience, such as the school at large? Find an on-line writers group so that you can solicit insightful critiques without the risk.

Feedback helps. The positive gives you confidence. The negative thickens your skin and helps you improve.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Lee1909368

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best