bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Expressing mocking humor This is my very first writing, so forgive me if i sound silly. I am trying to express a thought from my mind where a mocking humor about "the excessive education but - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

This is my very first writing, so forgive me if i sound silly.

I am trying to express a thought from my mind where a mocking humor about "the excessive education but no common sense in our society" is required. So how can I improve this statement?

In a world of knowledge at its heights

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Pierce369

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

The reader will understand that it's mocking only from the context. Two primary ways to give context:

Show events that demonstrate that this world does not exhibit "knowledge at its heights."
Give the narrator's or viewpoint character's real opinions about the world and its level of knowledge.

If you give this context first, the reader will realize that the statement is mocking when it appears.

If you give the mocking statement first, an attentive reader will come to realize only later that the statement was mocking.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Let me try this:

In a world with knowledge at its height, we still forget where we put our keys every morning.

Load Full (0)