bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it possible for characters to get stuck reacting the same way to everything? Alright so I am new here so I'm not sure if it's okay to ask this type of question, but I am wondering if - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If the _story has movement_ and the _character is somehow forced to change_ within the story, then reading about the character responding the same way can be okay.

Magic Number: Three Times

However, since you the author know it could be boring, then to a reader it will probably be extremely boring. But, there's even way out of that.

Make sure you limit the number of times that you show the character go through these panic attacks to (at most) three.

Spice : Possibly Humor

It is also possible to make these scenes quite good if you cause the character to suffer hyperbolically as he trips over himself, crashes into doors and slips and slides as he attempts to get out of these situations.

Change: The Ultimate Point

Finally, as long as the character is finally forced to change, most readers will get into seeing your character transform. Seeing a character transform from a bumbling fearing wimp into some who is truly courageous (taking action even when they are panicking) can be a great story.

However, if you plan on keeping your milk-toast character the same throughout, I doubt she is a main character.

Good luck.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Phylliss352

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best